Location: Dorking, Surrey, UK.
Commitment: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: CEO / Founders
SNAKEHIVE is a British brand designing phone cases and accessories for everyday life, built
on thoughtful design and exceptional craftsmanship. Our products are at the heart of our
business - we source, design and work with quality manufacturing partners to offer only the
highest quality products to our customers.
With new challenges everyday this is an incredible opportunity to work in a fast paced ecommerce
company in an exciting product area.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The aim of the Finance Manager is to oversee all the Financial and Accounting requirements of the
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Posting and maintaining Nominal Ledger (Sales and Purchase Ledgers) using Sage system
- Managing bank balances (incl. FX balances) to ensure optimal cash flow.
- Bank reconciliations, control accounts, bad debt provision, FX revaluation, Stock Provision,
Fixed Asset Register
- Preparation of Month End and Year end accounts
- Prepare the monthly management accounts.
- Cashflow and monthly forecasting
- Sales Reporting and reconciliation
- Tax and VAT; constantly developing tax and VAT policies to ensure the organisation is
as efficient as possible.
- Completion of the Annual Report and Accounts, dealing with accountants/ external auditors.
- Analyse current finance processes and advise upon efficiency gains.
- Payroll supervision including Permanent and Temporary staff
- Ensuring suppliers are paid in a timely manner
- Ensuring that processes and systems enhancements are delivered consistently throughout
- Preparation and development of commercial financial analysis, to support the wider business
- Implement controls around, and closely manage, the day-to-day expenditure of the company
- Any other Financial/Accounting duties as required
Essential Skills & Knowledge
- Qualified or Part Qualified Accountant with at least 2 years of professional finance experience.
- Strong technical accounting background and experience in accounting, reporting
and statutory audit.
- Experience of working in a multinational business
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve issues and track through to conclusion
- Understanding of month end close processes and reporting
- Strong financial accounting skills to oversee monthly balance sheet reconciliation preparation
- You will be skilled at balance sheet requisitions, happy dealing with invoices and be capable with currency
conversions and reconciliations.
- You will be skilled at providing Management Information and Financial Accounts.
- You will be great with systems and getting the best reports from them.
- You enjoy working independently and enjoy taking the role on from top to bottom
- You will have a good understanding of VAT
- Proficient in using Sage and Microsoft Office e.g. Word & Excel
- Hands-on can-do approach
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Able to prioritise and identify solutions in timely manner
- Curious in nature and always looking to question, learn, and look for better ways to do
- Relish working in a small company with a fast paced environment
- Proactive, confident, coupled with strong verbal and written skills
- Personable, fun, team oriented
- Good communication and interpersonal abilities
- Proven ability to manage own workload and operate autonomously
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to multi task, prioritise and manage time effectively
- Proficiency in spoken and written English language
- Energetic – we make change happen
- Curious - we are eager to question, know and learn
- Challenging - we question ourselves and others to find a better way
- Collaborative – working together brings high performance
- Optimistic - we believe in our ability to succeed
- Innovative - we are forward thinking and original